dissabte, 16 d’abril del 2016

Purely Salinger

The Laughing Man

Over on third base, Mary Hudson waved to me. I waved back. I couldn't have stopped myself, even if I'd wanted to. Her stickwork aside, she happened to be a girl who knew how to wave to somebody from third base.

For Esmé -with Love and Squalor

"You seem quite intelligent for an American," my guest mused.
I told her that was a pretty snobbish thing to say, if you thought about it at all, and that I hoped it was unworthy of her.

De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period

He started to apologize for the fact that there were no chairs in his son's room -only floor cushions- but I quickly gave him to believe that for me this was little short of a godsend. (In fact, I think I said I hated chairs. I was so nervous that if he had informed me that his son's room was flooded, night and day, with a foot of water, I probably would have let out a little cry of pleasure. I probably would have said I had a rare foot disease, one that required my keeping my feet wet eight hours daily.)

Teddy

I want them to have a nice time while they're alive, because they like having a nice time... But they don't love me and Booper -that's my sister- that way. I mean they don't seem able to love us just the way we are. They don't seem able to love us unless they can keep changing us a little bit. They love their reasons for loving us almost as much as they love us, and most of the time more. It's not so good, that way.


Nine Stories
J.D.Salinger

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada